TOP > Software > Software Release Information
Software Release Information
Library Type HPC-MW for PC-Clusters「hpcmw-PC-Cluster ver.1.00」
Parallel FEM Code for Elastostatic Analysis「pSAN-hpcmw ver.1.00」
Prototype Version of HPC-MW Mesh Viewer「hpcmw_view ver.0.20」
Test Tools for HPC-MW「hpcmw-test-tools ver.1.00」
RIST (Research Organization for Information Science and Technology, Japan) released software and documents developed in “HPC Middleware (HPC-MW)”, which is a part of “Frontier Simulation Software for Industrial Science (FSIS)” Project at the Institute of Industrial Sciences, the University of Tokyo, funded by IT-Program of MEXT, Japan. They are available at the following WEB site.
FSIS Software Publication Page
Various types of HPC (High-Performance Computing) environments, including massively parallel computers and PC clusters, have recently become available. Moreover, advancement of “GRID” technology allows us to access a variety of computer resources very easily. However, in order to make the best use of these resources, we need optimization and tuning for individual hardware.
“HPC-Middleware (HPC-MW)” is an infrastructure for developing optimized and reliable simulation codes making efficient use of the finite-element method (FEM). The source code developed on a PC with a single processor is easily optimized for various types of parallel computers including vector/scalar processors, SMP cluster architectures, and PC clusters by plugging in the source code to the HPC-MW installed on the target computer.
- Library Type HPC-MW for PC-Cluster「hpcmw-PC-Cluster ver.1.00」
- Parallel FEM Code for Elastostatic Analysis「pSAN-hpcmw ver.1.00」
- Prototype Version of HPC-MW Mesh Viewer「hpcmw_view ver.0.20」
- Test Tools for HPC-MW「hpcmw-test-tools ver.1.00」
1. Library Type HPC-MW for PC-Cluster「hpcmw-PC-Cluster ver.1.00」
This software is the “Library Type HPC-MW” for PC-Cluster. In the previous release at Nov. 2003, I/O, parallel linear solvers and parallel visualization libraries were available. In this version, “Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR)” library and “Dynamic Load Balancing (DLB)” library are being newly supported. For existing libraries, several new functions are being added and some bugs are being fixed. For details, please see CHANGES file in the software archive or the following the WEB site.
- I/O, Common Library
- Interface to the visualizer was changed.
- “!CONNECTIVITY” is being newly supported in HPC-MW entire mesh.
- “!MESH GROUP” is being newly supported in HPC-MW control file.
- Parallel Linear Solver Library
- Subroutines to calculate matrix-vector product were added.
- Parallel Visualization Library
- Some 2nd-order element types are now supported.
- It became possible to create deformation image.
- Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR) Library [New Feature]
- Tprovides parallel adaptive mesh refinement for 1st-order tetrahedral and triangular element
- Dynamic Load Balancing (DLB) Library [New Feature]
- creates distributed mesh data which balance the load of every process by repartitioning.
2. Parallel FEM Code for Elastostatic Analysis「pSAN-hpcmw ver.1.00」
“pSAN-hpcmw” is the parallel finite element code for elastostatic structural analysis developed on HPC-MW. Although it was provided as one of the test tools for HPC-MW in the previous release, it is provided as a product of HPC-MW project from this version.
This version provides the following features:
- small deformation, large deformation: geometric nonlinearity
- linear isotropic elasticity
- static analysis
- 2D problems: plane stress, plane strain, axisymmetric problem
- 3D problems
- element types: 2D/3D continuum element, low- and high-order element
- loading conditions: concentrated load, distributed load (surface force, gravity, centrifugal force, temperature load)
- constrained conditions: single point constraint (SPC)
3. Prototype Version of HPC-MW Mesh Viewer「hpcmw_view ver.0.20」
This software displays the entire or distributed mesh. In this version, it became possible to display hierarchical mesh data.
4. Test Tools for HPC-MW「hpcmw-test-tools ver.1.00」
This software provides some tools for testing of HPC-MW library. This version provides test tools for adaptive mesh refinement (AMR) library and dynamic load balancing (DLB) library.
||Parallel I/O Library
Parallel Linear Solver Library
Parallel Visualization Library
||Mesh Data Converter
(from GeoFEM to HPC-MW)
||Parallel FEM Code for Elastostatic Analysis
||Mesh Viewer for Entire/Distributed Mesh
||Test tool for AMR Library
|Test tools for DLB Library
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems.
Analysis Example of pSAN-hpcmw (FAN model)
Adaptive Mesh Refinement by HPC-MW AMR library (Tetrahedral Element)
（Left Figure: Original Mesh, Center Figure: Analysis Result by pSAN-hpcmw,
Right Figure: Refined Mesh based on Analysis Result)
Dynamic Load Balancing by HPC-MW DLB Library
(Left Figure: Original Mesh, Right Figure: Balanced Mesh)
Hierarchical Mesh displayed by HPC-MW Mesh Viewer
( Left Figure: Non-hierarchical Mesh, Right Figure: Hierarchical Mesh)
TOP > Software > Software Release Information
|Copyright(C) Research Organization for Information Science & Technology (RIST) |
All Rights Reserved.